Arrival & Dismissal Times and Procedures
At Orchard Hills we expect students to arrive at 8:30 a.m., Classes begin at 8:38 a.m. and we dismiss at 3:30 p.m.
Students either ride the bus, get dropped-off or picked-up by a parent or guardian, walk to and from school, or use before or after-school CARE. Please read the relevant information expectations depending on your student's category.
- The bus loop is on the northeast side of the building (off of Tamara Street).
- Students riding the bus will be dropped off in the bus loop and will be allowed off the bus just before 8:30 a.m.
- At dismissal students exit by bus letter and are led to the bus by staff. Kindergarteners have fourth grade bus helpers.
- If you need additional information, please contact our Transportation Department at 248-449-1245.
The drop-off/ pick-up zone is the front, southeast side of the building (off of Quince Street). At Orchard Hills we have a parking lot parent drop off loop. Staff members are present to help guide this process. We use Apple Pick Up numbers to streamline the pick up process. Please contact the office to obtain an apple number.
- Pull forward all the way to the front sign indicating the start of the pick up/drop off loop. Stay single file and next to the curb. Do not block residential driveways when waiting in the line.
- Please be sure students exit and enter the passenger side of the vehicle. Please remain in your car.
- Be ready, and have the kids ready to exit the vehicle with their backpacks, etc... Please give your hugs and kisses goodbye at home and save texts and phone calls until after drop-off or pick-up!
- At dismissal your apple number will be relayed to the cafeteria and your student will be sent out to your car.
The Novi Community School District policy states that if you reside within the walk zone of the school your child attends, then your child is expected to walk.
CARE is located in room 111. Parents can access this before and after school at the front side of the building at door 29. CARE services are provided by our Community Education Department. Students can be dropped-off as early as 6:45 a.m. and must be picked-up by 6:00 p.m. For more information please call 248-675-3400.