Points of Pride
At Orchard Hills we:
- Engage with a supportive and active Parent Teacher Organization
- Collaborate and partner with various organizations including Novi Community Education, Novi Educational Foundation, Novi Public Library, Playworks, and the Community Financial Credit Union
- Have a garden club that teachers volunteer to staff after school hours
- Provide a backpack snack program
- Have full time specials classes including Art, Media, Music and Physical Education
- Maintain ancillary staff including literacy and math interventionists, a school social worker, an English Language Learner teacher, two resource room teachers, a school psychologist and a speech and language pathologist
- Celebrate our diversity with 25 unique, home languages spoken across the building
- Utilize technology as a tool for staff and students to develop digital competencies and learn creatively. Use of the state of the art technology inspires our creativity with teaching and learning and opens up possibilities with regard to interacting and connecting with the world
- Inspire our students through our challenging and robust curriculum and our focus on building strong, positive relationships between school, home and the community. Our staff is dedicated to teaching and learning for all and creating learning environments that are safe and emotionally secure.
- Our staff are steadfast and driven with an unwavering effort to personalize and individualize teaching and learning based on students' needs, interests, and aptitudes. The Orchard Hills staff builds strong relationships, while utilizing the resources, technology, and systems to ensure success and continuous progress for all students.
Orchard Hills Pledge:
I am a part of Orchard Hills...
A place that I'll succeed.
I'll work and grow with each new day
As I learn to take the lead!
Work Hard - Do Your Best and Be a Leader TODAY!